Lilburn GA Bankruptcy Attorney of Cornwell Law Firm
You might be in massive amounts of debt, and if you are, then you might want to consider filing for bankruptcy. We at The Cornwell Law Firm know just how stressful filing for bankruptcy is, and how debt can make you feel trapped. We are dedicated and we care about every single case that we deal with.
We understand the economy is not exactly in the best shape, and we have a desire to help you out. We are serious about helping you, and that’s why we’re available on the weekends (by appointment), as well as every day of the week. We want to make sure you know that you come first and that we care about your well-being. You need a Lilburn Bankruptcy Attorney who can help you put an end to creditors calling you up and harassing you, as well as help you with your debts.
Here are some things you should know about bankruptcy:
Is bankruptcy common?
The truth is that it may be more common than what you think. Gone are the days when friends and family view bankruptcy as shameful. A matter of fact, there are a number of reasons that can lead to debt, and some of them are unavoidable. Sudden medical bills is an example, and so is the housing market going in a downward spiral, or even getting laid off from work can lead to unavoidable debts. You may be under the impression that it isn’t common, but it is common.
- We will figure out whether or not you should seek out an alternative to bankruptcy, or if you should file for bankruptcy. After we have figured out what you should do, you will have to go through a series of steps, which will now be discussed.
- One of the first things you will do is fill out a means test. This is the part that will determine which type of bankruptcy you can file, which is based on things such as expenses, debts and your current income. The next step is credit counseling, which is actually required by law, and a certified credit counselor needs to provide the counseling.
- All of the legal paperwork needs to be put together, and this paperwork includes a list of your assets, income statements, and debts, as well as other information. Also, your attorney needs to file a bankruptcy petition, and then you will be one step closer to getting relief from your creditors.
- You will also meet with your creditors and a trustee, and you will have to answer some questions that will be asked by both the trustee, as well as creditors, but these questions will relate to your financial situation.
- The next thing that will happen is the creditors and trustee will have to approve everything. Once approved, your debts could be taken care of within 6 months. However, the trustee and creditors have 60 days from the meeting to make their decision.
This process may sound easy enough, but everything needs to be perfect. For example, if one little mistake is made on any of the forms, then you could be faced with a setback, and your case could take longer. You need a good Lilburn debt relief lawyer, as well as one who has the experience needed to help you get the best result from your case. Having an experienced attorney by your side can make things a lot easier for you, and that is why you should speak with us before you do anything.
An Attorney Can Help You Move Forward
There are many benefits of bankruptcy, with one of them being that most of your outstanding debts will be wiped out. This means you can protect assets, as well as live your life freer and your home can be kept safe. Also, another benefit is that creditors will stop harassing you, which should reduce the amount of stress you feel. In other words, you can focus on the future, and you can start saving money since you won’t be making huge payments to debts.
We offer a free consultation, and you can rest assure that the consultation will be confidential, and we urge you to contact us today. We can work with you to come up with a solution to your problems, and we can help stop creditors from bothering you, as well as protect your home, allowing you to finally move forward in your life. You can get a brand new financial beginning. We do not look at you as just another client. In other words, we are compassionate and we will do everything we can to make sure you get the results you want from your case. If you have any questions or concerns, then you urge you to call us today and set up a meeting with bankruptcy attorney Keith Cornwell.